Aug update - First ending, fixes, and improvements
a LOT of fixes and improvements, you must restart Ganezzar (i.e. use a save game BEFORE you arrived to Ganezzar) to see them.
- Two quests continuing Hector/Darganus questlines, featuring Miltiades
- The very first ending* of the game (ask Bennie to perform the ritual on you)
- Minor conversations with Varro and Athanasius after the siege
- 6 death descriptions (some assassins quests, scorpion, construct, Faelan, the breach fight)
- You can save after IG3 fight, increase skills, change gear, etc, before going to Maadoran.
- Improved the Ordu camp's visuals, added alchemy ingredients.
- Added a few extra options in some of the Teron encounters.
- You can explore Teron after the MG questline is over.
- You can interact with some artifacts in your inventory to identify or activate them.
- Livia got a brand new portrait.
- Improved Ganezzar's visuals
- New and improved models.
- Confirm box for dropping an item.
- Added "none" hair option for female characters
- Alchemical items' prices are now modified by their level.
- Changed Shorty's trading inventory.
- Raiders' camp CS check increased.
- Minor IG4 tweaks (combat and flow)
- Increased the price modifiers for crafted items.
- Increased material needed for repair from 0.2 to 0.5.
- Gaelius now has the Crimson Eye on him.
- Merchants start with the commercium ring.
- Added civil SP reward for giving Hamza a fake name in MG5
- Increased ingots rewards in the well.
- Vitus gives you more steel and a few sharpening stones.
- If you are affected by the "camera bug" in which you can zoom out forever, press the Center Camera button to fix it (and remember to report the issue!).
- Tweaked some Teron's compound infiltration checks and added an option to investigate the dining room if you killed the patrolling guard.
- Increased Livia's training.
- Removed the need to click on the gate to leave Ganezzar and increased the size of the trigger for players first entering the city.
- Praetors are no longer forced to see Meru right away when they arrive to the city.
- You don't have to take Meru to Al-Akia right away when you join House Crassus.
- Grifter now starts with a dagger.
- The Abyss is closed for maintenance after you arrive to Ganezzar.
- Reduced whetstone base price to 50 (from 100).
- CS Training after AG1 increased to 10.
- You are no longer forced to take the gold or return to Levir in TG4.
- Added etiquette and lore checks with Lorenza in MG4.
- Lowered the cost of higher skill levels
- Rebalanced the MG questline, more CHA and extra checks in some quests.
- Rebalanced the lore checks to use the entire 1-10 scale.
- You can now place one-handed crossbow and bolter in the belt bags.
- Broken armor lowers weight and price.
- Feint no longer selectable if you have a shield.
- Serenas taking more money than intended in HD questline.
- Loop in IG4 if you convinced Strabos to tell you what he knows.
- The first wave did not appear in IG6 if you didn't do anything at the Ordu camp.
- Inverted info for the sharpened weapons' strikes and damage.
- Siege of Ganezzar when you travel there from Caer-Tor.
- Silver tongued devil rank added incorrectly in MG2 (belongs to TG3).
- Being able to ask about poison if the mine situation was already solved.
- Trading bonuses description.
- Power armor should no longer be damaged.
- Camera issue after talking to Strabos at the end of MG6.
- Tower guards dodging instead of blocking.
- Escaping Zamedi as a thief or Daratan praetor should no longer show the Teron ending slides or end the game.
- Distracting the guards in TG3 properly sends one of your man to take care of the crossbowman.
- Crash when fighting Hagnon as IG is his tent.
- Passability in Mountain Monastery and Dead River that allowed you to "fly".
- Camera issue after passing the IG trial in Maadoran.
- Being able to join the expedition as an HA praetor twice.
- HA praetor being able to suggest going through the tunnels.
- The Ordu killing the IG triggers a proper ending.
- Proper Ganezzar state after HA taking over Ganezzar (with guards/ordu).
- Ganezzar's medicus now has dialogue.
- Loop in Meru's star chamber dialogue for praetors wanting to join him.
- Portrait issues with Decanus in the mines.
- You can report to Gaelius if Meru dies during the Al-Akia event.
- Streetwise/impersonate check with the raider leader in Aemolas village.
- Passability of siege elements in Ganezzar.
- Sneaking into the mine and activating the machines take you to Gaelius, not drop you in Maadoran.
- Being to enter the barracks after MG2.
- A wrong version of the bringer of storms is no longer sold in the exotic emporium.
- You use the robe when you disguise yourself to get the power armor.
- You can now leave Darganus' house.
- The guardian properly takes the ring in all situations.
- The game ending notes the guardian is locked inside the tower.
- If you return to the tower, the guardian will attack if you ran away with the ring.
- Livia's fight not granting SP.
- IG questline becoming MG questline in Al-Akia.
- Narrative and bugs in post Abyss Ganezzar quest.
- Slide text error in Balzaar ending.
- Commercium questline is no longer available to all in Ganezzar.
- Ganezzar traders have proper inventories
- You can no longer escape combat in Darius tomb by clicking on the sarcophagus.
- loop in the gem quest.
- You can't finish MDN AG questline and then join HA as a praetor.
- Added CS training and body count to several CS checks that were missing it.
- Workers not carrying objects when loading a save.
- Cleave critical now ignores armor.
- Meru's loremaster not appearing when he should.
- Transfer All no longer transfers unlootable items.
- scorpions having no attack and defense skills.
We hit the word limit, so you'll have to take my word for it.
We’re planning to release the game in October. So far we’re on track and we fixed a lot of issues in the last 2 months, as you can see. For the next 2 months we’re switching from monthly to bi-weekly updates to respond faster.
We’re planning to release the final location by the end of August. At that point the game will be content-complete. We’ll test, tweak, and polish through September and early October (so far we’ve allocated 6 weeks) and release.
Thank you for your support and don't forget to restart Ganezzar to see the changes.