June update - new characters and various improvements
Right now our focus is on Ganezzar, Al-Akia, and the Hangar (aka Chapter 3, which should be released by the end of the summer). It’s a big chunk of content and we’re working 12-14 hours a day to deliver a quality chapter with a unique theme, atmosphere, and quests.
That’s why this month’s update is a bit light on content as we simply didn’t have time to add new locations or quests. So, what’s in this update?
- 6 new characters to talk to
We added a healer and an annalist to Caer-Tor. The healer can tell you more about the camp, the annalist can tell you about the history of the Imperial Guards and the demise of four Noble Houses.
We added a youth and a guard to the Monastery. The youth can tell you about the lower, sealed chambers and what this place was before the war. The guard can offer his perspective on your visit and what it means for the locals (hint: nothing good).
We also added an assassin and a farmer in Maadoran. The farmer can talk about, well, farming and dealing with the Commercium, the assassin is an intro character when you first come to the city and approach the guild.
- Now you’re able to leave Caer-Tor after completing Paullus’ quest and explore other locations or return to Maadoran.
- A number of bug fixes
- AG4: Added an option to attack the beggar to avoid a progress lock if you don’t have a dagger, or money, or decent bodycount rep, or any points in Trading skill.
- TG3: Fixed a Charisma check at the gate.
- Maadoran: Changed Calvus’ text to reflect the actual amount of gold received.
- Monastery: completing the quest by talking to the healer gives you skill points.
- Monastery: Fighting your way through gives you skill points in addition to the satisfaction of the job well done.
- Saross: Finding the hidden chamber showers with your skill points.
- Arch: Now you get skill points for both having a pleasant conversation AND killing Esbenus and his merry bunch of slavers.
- Inferiae: Escaping the tower with your life – yeah, you guessed it – gives you skill points.
- Engine optimization to improve performance and loading time
- Improved the collision system and building/floor system
- The “journal crash” should be fixed (at least we fixed what we suspect was the issue there), if there are any other issues, they will be easier to pinpoint due to changes in the crash submission system.
As always, thank you for your continuous support and patronage.